The mission of the Journal of the International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine (JISPRM) is to advance the field of physical and rehabilitation medicine (PRM), promote optimal functioning and health-related quality of life, strengthen rehabilitation research, and minimize disabilities by providing an online colloquium for communication of discoveries, established evidence and contemporary practice of PRM across the globe. The JISPRM will also encourage cross-fertilization among basic, translational and clinical researchers, and practitioners of PRM.
The JISPRM seeks to:
- Facilitate the dissemination of current peer-reviewed research, clinical, and advocacy information regarding PRM
- Serve as a forum for discussion of controversial issues regarding PRM, rehabilitation, disability management that affect persons with limitation of function and participation around the world
- Advance the quality and value of research in PRM by encouraging confluence of biophysical, psychosocial, and medical sciences
- Enhance education and training in PRM through collaboration of educators from different countries
- Collaborate with other journals and publications to collectively advance the common mission of promoting PRM
Abstracting and Indexing Information
The journal is registered with the following abstracting partners:
Baidu Scholar, CNKI (China National Knowledge Infrastructure), EBSCO Publishing's Electronic Databases, Ex Libris – Primo Central, Google Scholar, Hinari, Infotrieve, National Science Library, Netherlands ISSN centre, ProQuest, TDNet, Wanfang Data
The journal is indexed with, or included in, the following:
Wolters Kluwer and Journal/Association are committed to meeting and upholding standards of ethical behavior at all stages of the publication process. We follow closely the industry associations, such as the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) and World Association of Medical Editors (WAME), that set standards and provide guidelines for best practices in order to meet these requirements. For a summary of our specific policies regarding duplicate publication, conflicts of interest, patient consent, etc., please visit www.Medknow.com/EthicalGuidelines.asp
Open Access Publication and Creative Commons Licensing
This is an open access journal, and articles are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 License, which allows others to remix, tweak, and build upon the work non-commercially, as long as appropriate credit is given and the new creations are licensed under the identical terms.
Wolters Kluwer Medknow provides for long-term digital preservation through two primary partnerships, Portico and CLOCKSS.
Portico is a leading digital preservation service worldwide. The content is preserved as an archival version and is not publically accessible via Portico, but is provided when required under specific conditions, such as discontinuation of the collection or catastrophic failure of the website.
CLOCKSS will enable any library to maintain their own archive of content from Wolters Kluwer Medknow and other publishers, with minimal technical effort and using cheaply available hardware.
Ahead of Print policy
Articles published online under the Ahead of Print model are considered published and can be cited and quoted using the DOI as the reference source. Wolters Kluwer Medknow has a policy that changes will not be made after publication of an article without following accepted procedures for making corrections to the scientific record.
While advertisements are crucial to this journal to be able to keep all content free for everyone, ethical considerations are in place to ensure the integrity of the journal and its content:
- "Pop-up" and "banner" ads appear on a random, rotating basis. The advertiser has no control or input over the pages where their ads appear.
- The Editorial Board has full and final approval over the content of all advertisements.
- Advertisers will never be shown any manuscripts or other content prior to publication.
The JISPRM, is an official publication of the International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, sponsored byBeijing U-Health Medical Institute.